Registered: May 2009
Can NKS Chapter 9 yield U(1) X SU(2) X SU(3) info?
Is Wolfram a significant rival to Newton and Einstein? If paradigm-breaking photons (or some other dramatic empirical manifestations) prove that NKS Chapter 9 is correct, then the answer might be yes. How can NKS Chapter 9 yield a unification of quantum field theory and general relativity theory with new empirical predictions? Wolfram suggests that a network model with signal propagation operating in a mobile automation might use a Wolfram updating parameter below the Planck scale. This hypothetical updating parameter would gradually build time, space, and energy. Fredkin time, Fredkin distance, and Fredkin digit transition would form the informational structure underlying time, distance, and energy below the Planck scale.
If we consider the Standard Model as described in http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Standard_Model then how do the followers of Fredkin and Wolfram believe that the Fredkin-Wolfram information process can yield the U(1) X SU(2) X SU(3) structure of matter and energy?
Consider 10 basic hypotheses:
(1) The maximum physical wavelength is the Planck length multiplied by the Fredkin-Wolfram constant.
(2) Every physical change in energy is an integral multiple of the minimum positive energy.
(3) The model described in NKS Chapter 9 has a description in terms of Fredkin time, Fredkin distance, and Fredkin digit transition (FDT).
(4) There is some huge positive integer N calculable from Wolfram’s mobile automaton that describes the number of pairs of alternate universes, PAU(1), … , PAU(N), where each PAU(k) is an 11-dimensional modified M-theoretic fundamental domain. Suppose PAU(m) and PAU(n) are 11-dimensional domains containing f and g, respectively. (Assume that f and g are digital Nambu points on string-like entities as somehow described by M-theorists. The two positive integers m and n might be the same or different.) If m and n are different then the digital Nambu standard force DNSF between f and g must be 0. If m = n, then the DNSF between f and g has the quaternionic form a(0) ± ia(1) ± ja(2) ± ka(3), where a(0), a(1), a(2), a(3) are integers. The Wolfram updating parameter within the Wolfram mobile automaton computes each pair f,g from huge numbers of network nodes.
(5) The string-like entities that yield both nonzero inertial mass-energy and nonzero gravitational energy are the building blocks of both quantum field theory and general relativity theory.
(6) The string-like entities that yield zero inertial mass-energy and nonzero gravitational energy are the explanations of dark matter and dark energy.
(7) Within the Fredkin-Wolfram information process, re-computation mulitiplies the FDT by -1 and explains CPT invariance.
(8) Within the Fredkin-Wolfram information process, un-computation collects all the information for the antielectromagnetic forces acting on gravitons and collects all the information for the antigravitational forces acting on photons.
(9) By using the digital circuits of pairs of network nodes underlying a pair of digital Nambu points, the Wolfram model yields information controlled by U(1) X SU( 2) X SU(3).
(10) By informationally integrating the digital circuits of pairs of network nodes, the Wolfram model explains how guardian magnetic monopoles produce paradigm-breaking photons that violate the Bekenstein-Hawking radiation law.
What are the most powerful criticisms of the ten preceding hypotheses?
Last edited by David Brown on 05-06-2010 at 01:06 PM
Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged