wolframscience.com

A New Kind of Science: The NKS Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 A New Kind of Science: The NKS Forum > NKS Way of Thinking > Recursive Functions over Reals, Differential Recursion, Concrete Sets
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
yottzumm

Recursive Functions over Reals, Differential Recursion, Concrete Sets

Classical recursion is based on natural numbers. (step 1, step 2, step 3 ...) What if it was based on real or complex numbers? See subject for other ideas. What if there were Recursive Calculus, where the size of the step approached 0?

If a concrete set A were measured at 2 points in time, would the difference between A(t1) and A(t2) be the null set? Say I had a collection of 10 baseballs. Wouldn't the set of baseballs change in some way between the two measurements in time, making them unequal sets? If I have 2 distinct observers measure the same concrete set A at the same time, won't they see two different things? Isn't it true that you can never see the same rainbow twice?

Last edited by yottzumm on 08-02-2009 at 08:57 AM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 08-02-2009 08:52 AM
yottzumm is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yottzumm Visit yottzumm's homepage! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yottzumm

Parallel Steps

I think the point is, that everything goes on in parallel. Only small thinkers think of things going on one step at a time.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 08-02-2009 09:30 AM
yottzumm is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yottzumm Visit yottzumm's homepage! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

wolframscience.com  |  wolfram atlas  |  NKS online  |  web resources  |  contact us

Forum Sponsored by Wolfram Research

© 2004-14 Wolfram Research, Inc. | Powered by vBulletin 2.3.0 © 2000-2002 Jelsoft Enterprises, Ltd. | Disclaimer | Archives