wolframscience.com

A New Kind of Science: The NKS Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 A New Kind of Science: The NKS Forum > NKS Way of Thinking > Accelaration of a photon..
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
rudeonline

Accelaration of a photon..

Hello, maybe some of you know me because of my ideas about consciouness and so on..

I think I have to ask a differen't question to make my ideas more scientific.

How does a photon accelrate up to 300.000km/sec?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 06-26-2008 10:50 PM
rudeonline is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rudeonline Click here to Send rudeonline a Private Message Click Here to Email rudeonline Visit rudeonline's homepage! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Philip Ronald Dutton
independent
Columbia, SC

acceleration vs. exponential

Perhaps it accelerates at the same rate that various combinatoric problems reach the exponential growth state.

"The greatest shortcoming of the human race is our inability to understand the exponential function." - Albert Bartlett

(emeritus Professor of Physics at the University of Colorado at Boulder, USA)

Old Post 06-27-2008 05:50 AM
Philip Ronald Dutton is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Philip Ronald Dutton Click here to Send Philip Ronald Dutton a Private Message Visit Philip Ronald Dutton's homepage! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Martijn

Amsterdam

I think there are three answers.
The first is simple: I don't know.
Second: When it is a photon it travels at c thus the question douse not exist.
Third: When is the photon created in the first place (referring to the uncertainty principle)?

How would you like to relate this to NKS?

Old Post 07-18-2008 05:37 AM
Martijn is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Martijn Click here to Send Martijn a Private Message Click Here to Email Martijn Visit Martijn's homepage! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MikeHelland

The photon can exist as a rule, a simple program, like so:

define class absolutePhoton as Custom

x = 0
    c = 10
    totalEnergy    = 10^5

function move

this.x = this.x + this.c

* As the photon moves it loses energy
        this.totalEnergy =  this.totalEnergy - this.c

if mod(this.totalEnergy, 10^4) = 0 and this.c > 0
            this.c = this.c - 1
        endif 

return 

enddefine

This is an NKS photon.

Instead of having inertia and energy in the Newtonian classical sense, these photons move along a dimension x at a rate of c, delivering quantas of energy out of an "energy tank" so to speak.

As the tank empties, at certain intervals c decreases, so while c is constant for a while, once the tank has emptied to a specified level, the foot is taken off the gas.

Less energy is delivered, and the photon moves slower, until it eventually dies out.

This is verified in cosmology by Hubble redshift and various other observations.

Old Post 07-18-2008 06:43 PM
MikeHelland is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MikeHelland Click here to Send MikeHelland a Private Message Visit MikeHelland's homepage! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Martijn

Amsterdam

The frequency can be effected (GR) . But when do photons move slower? (in vacuum)

Also why douse the code describe a photon?
Why douse it lose energy as it moves trough empty space?

Old Post 07-18-2008 07:11 PM
Martijn is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Martijn Click here to Send Martijn a Private Message Click Here to Email Martijn Visit Martijn's homepage! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MikeHelland

The loss of energy as it moves through space is an observed phenomenon, called Hubble redshift and is alleged to be caused by the expansion of space.

I'm suggesting its just natural behavior of the photon to deliver less energy as travels great distances.

Here's my ideas:

http://www.cloudmusiccompany.com/paper.htm

Old Post 07-22-2008 06:40 AM
MikeHelland is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MikeHelland Click here to Send MikeHelland a Private Message Visit MikeHelland's homepage! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jason Cawley
Wolfram Science Group
Phoenix, AZ USA

Occasionally it is necessary to point out, again, that this is formally illiterate nonsense and has nothing whatever to do with NKS (or photons, come to that). I repeat my recommendation that you spend a tenth of the time you spend trying to promote your existing thoughts, informing yourself about formal matters that others have already worked out. In the meantime, you are wasting our time, and I for one would appreciate your doing so elsewhere rather than on my Forum.

Old Post 07-22-2008 04:01 PM
Jason Cawley is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jason Cawley Click here to Send Jason Cawley a Private Message Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

wolframscience.com  |  wolfram atlas  |  NKS online  |  Wolfram|Alpha  |  Wolfram Science Summer School  |  web resources  |  contact us

Forum Sponsored by Wolfram Research

© 2004-14 Wolfram Research, Inc. | Powered by vBulletin 2.3.0 © 2000-2002 Jelsoft Enterprises, Ltd. | Disclaimer | Archives