wolframscience.com

A New Kind of Science: The NKS Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 A New Kind of Science: The NKS Forum > NKS Way of Thinking > Unknown ancient(sacred)geometry
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Roger Kowalski
IBI
Chicago, Illinois

Mandalas

I have studied Mandalas for the past
15 years now.... I never even knew whata mandala was before that... Was
heavy into meditation and Buddha...
So, I came across the pictuures of
the Mandalas from Tibet... And of
course the Dalai Lama... I would guess that the monks 600 years ago knew about the concepts that " A New
Kind of Science " incorporates.....
They did not need computers or
algorithms.... They manually drew
everything back then... The 1000 arm
Buddha... Who would ever conceive
of a being with 1000 arms....

They did it all in their
mind's eye as well.. I know some won't
take this seriously... The great minds
of the Western World thought that anybody from the far East and China
and Tibet were all kooks.. It took 800 years for the west to wake up to that fact.. So much for the great Western thinkers of the age... I enjoy reading comments in the NKS forum... There are some very smart and brillant people here... You can learn a lot....

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-29-2008 03:52 AM
Roger Kowalski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Roger Kowalski Click here to Send Roger Kowalski a Private Message Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Philip Ronald Dutton
independent
Columbia, SC

hmmm

Well I am still not convinced that a 2d figure of any kind is that special when you take into account the other dimensions. I can view any 2d mandel from a universe of 360degree views. Also, I can view from an infinite number of distances away. So, perhaps someone should discover the 3d CA equivalent of a moving or emerging "any-brot."

Cheers,

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-30-2008 03:13 AM
Philip Ronald Dutton is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Philip Ronald Dutton Click here to Send Philip Ronald Dutton a Private Message Visit Philip Ronald Dutton's homepage! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

wolframscience.com  |  wolfram atlas  |  NKS online  |  Wolfram|Alpha  |  Wolfram Science Summer School  |  web resources  |  contact us

Forum Sponsored by Wolfram Research

© 2004-14 Wolfram Research, Inc. | Powered by vBulletin 2.3.0 © 2000-2002 Jelsoft Enterprises, Ltd. | Disclaimer | Archives