wolframscience.com

A New Kind of Science: The NKS Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 A New Kind of Science: The NKS Forum > Pure NKS > Diagonal CA Representation
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Denis

Diagonal CA Representation

Hi all,
I am new in the forum as first message I want to post an interesting new ( I don' t know if exist some studies in this way ) point of view for cellular automata evolution .

I post an explanation of what I call diagonal representation in a pdf file format in the attach . I don't post it as inline text becouse there are trouble to align correctly the text.

Denis.

Attachment: diagca.pdf
This has been downloaded 1298 time(s).

Last edited by Denis on 06-02-2007 at 09:11 PM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-02-2007 07:04 PM
Denis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Denis Click here to Send Denis a Private Message Click Here to Email Denis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Denis

First Image

I post the first image (from the first compiled version of the diagonal evolver) of rule 30 evolution in diagonal representation.

In the previous post there is a mistake in the rule 30 evolution on row 6 and 8 .

The rows 6 and 8 in the image are correct.

Denis.

Denis has attached this image:

Last edited by Denis on 08-22-2008 at 01:15 PM

Old Post 05-03-2007 08:58 PM
Denis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Denis Click here to Send Denis a Private Message Click Here to Email Denis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Denis

I remove some bugs and I add some improvements to the programs so now I have a new image with the behavior of rule 30 .
Here there are 4 different color , white and black for cells outside from repetition zone and yellow and blue for cells in the repetition zone.
It is possible to see that in the left side very often happen that the diagonal start with a initial group of cells different and then fall in a small repetitive group of cells.
In the right side instead the cells start always with a repetitive group with a very fast increasing size .
The last rows in the right side are white and black only because the evolution reach the prefixed row size limit.

Denis has attached this image:

Last edited by Denis on 06-12-2007 at 07:46 AM

Old Post 06-02-2007 09:08 PM
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

wolframscience.com  |  wolfram atlas  |  NKS online  |  Wolfram|Alpha  |  Wolfram Science Summer School  |  web resources  |  contact us

Forum Sponsored by Wolfram Research

© 2004-14 Wolfram Research, Inc. | Powered by vBulletin 2.3.0 © 2000-2002 Jelsoft Enterprises, Ltd. | Disclaimer | Archives