wolframscience.com

A New Kind of Science: The NKS Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 A New Kind of Science: The NKS Forum > News & Announcements > Hi
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Michael Colson
Stanly Community College

Hi

Hi, my name is Michael Colson & im a 19 year old simulation & game development student in North Carolina. I've been fascinated by computers from a very young age and was drawing simple graphics and playing sound in QBasic since I was 8. In my late teens, I started learning a lot more about mathematical topics such as dynamical systems & discovered Cellular Automata in a book on artifical intelligence. I saw the NKS book a few years ago in an ad, but didn't know what it was about until I read about it while doing some Wikipedia research recently. Since then, I've been reading in it(I've gotten to page 51,but have skipped ahead out of curioisity) and am really fascinated & enthusiastic about its potential applications. My main NKS interest right now is in finding simple computational systems for image synthesis & computer graphics effects. Right now, the final project I've chosen for school involves using the MEL language in Maya to run simulations of CA in 3D. I've had some success in drawing cubes based on incoming patterns of 0s and 1s, but I haven't coded a full CA algorithm yet. I was kind of disappointed that there wasn't many picutures of 3D rules in the book, so I was wondering if anyone knew of some fascinating 3D rules I could use to show off my code. Other than programming, my other interests are music, gemstone collecting, my pets, video games, playing tennis, and working out. I look forward to particpating in the forums & maybe even the Summer School one year!

Michael Colson has attached this image:

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-06-2007 10:20 PM
Michael Colson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Michael Colson Click here to Send Michael Colson a Private Message Click Here to Email Michael Colson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

wolframscience.com  |  wolfram atlas  |  NKS online  |  web resources  |  contact us

Forum Sponsored by Wolfram Research

© 2004-14 Wolfram Research, Inc. | Powered by vBulletin 2.3.0 © 2000-2002 Jelsoft Enterprises, Ltd. | Disclaimer | Archives