wolframscience.com

A New Kind of Science: The NKS Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 A New Kind of Science: The NKS Forum > News & Announcements > are you a C++ programmer who could donate a little time to help me?
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
inhaesio zha

are you a C++ programmer who could donate a little time to help me?

Are you a C++ programmer who would be interested in doing a little work (for the love of it, which is to say: for free), helping me do some programming to experiment with some NKS-type systems?

It doesn't have to be a long-term thing. I have one particular set of experiments I'd like to run, but I'm quite pressed for time right now and cannot do them myself (I will provide the remote development and run enviroment which you can SSH into...or if you have a linux/unix box you could work on your own box if you prefer).

The first project I have is totally bite-sized: it could be done in 1-4 hours.

After that, I have some other ideas I'd like to explore but cannot at the moment (and therefore would be greatful for your help).

Takers?

Last edited by inhaesio zha on 07-13-2006 at 02:16 AM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 07-13-2006 02:09 AM
inhaesio zha is offline Click Here to See the Profile for inhaesio zha Click here to Send inhaesio zha a Private Message Visit inhaesio zha's homepage! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
inhaesio zha

ha!

that went over like a rock =)

Old Post 09-08-2006 11:15 PM
inhaesio zha is offline Click Here to See the Profile for inhaesio zha Click here to Send inhaesio zha a Private Message Visit inhaesio zha's homepage! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jason Cawley
Wolfram Science Group
Phoenix, AZ USA

If you had asked for help programming a bit of NKS stuff in Mathematica, you probably would have received a better response. While there are, no doubt, researchers who use C or C++ for it, and others that use specific tools like DDLab, Cell-DEVs, NetLogo or StarLogo etc, most people you will find on this site use Mathematica for NKS. Certainly that is true for the science group people who run it, and for many who have been through our NKS educational programs.

It might also help if you are more specific about the technical problem. Because people are much more likely to tackle a specific problem out of personal curiousity or love of the subject, than to sign up to give you programming time for they know not what, gratis. The former is hacking around to discover things about NKS and freely sharing the results as a way of communicating what one has found. The latter is acting as someone's employee without compensation.

Old Post 09-14-2006 03:49 PM
Jason Cawley is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jason Cawley Click here to Send Jason Cawley a Private Message Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
inhaesio zha

!!

No offense intended, my friend!

It's not like I'm making money doing NKS myself.

Zha

Old Post 09-14-2006 04:38 PM
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

wolframscience.com  |  wolfram atlas  |  NKS online  |  Wolfram|Alpha  |  Wolfram Science Summer School  |  web resources  |  contact us

Forum Sponsored by Wolfram Research

© 2004-14 Wolfram Research, Inc. | Powered by vBulletin 2.3.0 © 2000-2002 Jelsoft Enterprises, Ltd. | Disclaimer | Archives