wolframscience.com

A New Kind of Science: The NKS Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 A New Kind of Science: The NKS Forum > NKS Way of Thinking > How can standing waves ('particles') be modelled as Cellular Automata?
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
gregrez

How can standing waves ('particles') be modelled as Cellular Automata?

The more I read, the more I come to the conclusion that "matter" is simple simply a collection of standing waves.

However, when I see Wolfram's description of fluid dynamics, it also seems bang on correct, that it can be modelled by simple (trivial) rules. Its so obviously correct.

If we assume that those "little rules" are acting on tightly bound standing waves, how could these waves be modelled?

I really do believe NKS is on to something. But as well, I also believe that wave "particles" are also right.

Maybe the simple rules are really wave/energy interactions?

For example, would there be a way to model the electron orbitals somehow using cellular automata?
Do you think we are actually modelling wave dynamics on a macro scale?

Im looking for a simple explanation...after all, NKS is about simple rules!!!

Thanks for any creative thoughts.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 07-24-2006 01:36 AM
gregrez is offline Click Here to See the Profile for gregrez Click here to Send gregrez a Private Message Click Here to Email gregrez Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

wolframscience.com  |  wolfram atlas  |  NKS online  |  web resources  |  contact us

Forum Sponsored by Wolfram Research

© 2004-14 Wolfram Research, Inc. | Powered by vBulletin 2.3.0 © 2000-2002 Jelsoft Enterprises, Ltd. | Disclaimer | Archives