wolframscience.com

A New Kind of Science: The NKS Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 A New Kind of Science: The NKS Forum > NKS Way of Thinking > Algorithms inspired from quantim mechanical behaviour create life.
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
sachin datt
IIT Bombay
India

Algorithms inspired from quantim mechanical behaviour create life.

Hi,
I am a designer in India. I have been experimenting with 'something' on my computer, but only recently came to know that it was a whole branch of study called fractals and cellular automat.
The stuff that I was working on involved simple visual programs
I was surprised to see the results.
But I started it only to simulate the behaviour of subatomic particles in a quantum mechanical manner.
I was reading about a concept called quantum entanglement in which if u rotate a particle in one direction in a pure system, another particle automatically rotates in the opposit direction as if they were conneted by some invisible communication channel. Also from the idea of self interference of even a single particle inspired me to create a program that allows self interference to happen in a particle. I arranged the particles in not a square but a circular grid.
This was from the conclusion that the grid must be circular in space. As I run this self interfering and entangled dots
with a particular time cycle, unbelievable forms of insects and bugs and flies got created. I applied other permutations and complex instects get created everytime. Its an animated circular cellular automata. I have a feeling that there is a particular programe that universe uses to create beings. This visual programe is similar to the double circular form which is considered divine in Hindu religion.
I would like to call it as a search for the exact algorithm. (the very algorythm that creates this universe.) I feel that there is just one simple algorythm.
Can anyone suggest where I can do a research on this subject. Its not exactly cellular automata, but is similar to it just that I use particls or dots arranged in a circular grid. The square grid is embeded in the circular grid when many circular grids overlap with one another.
Can a design school alow research is such a field. I don't know under which discipline this comes in. But it has links with art, design, science, architecture, astronomy, society, economy, religion....
Have a look at one example.
It is my hypothesis that if algorithms are generated which has orgins in quantum logic will create something that is similar to real life processes

Attachment: base5experiments8.zip
This has been downloaded 1500 time(s).

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-05-2006 11:12 AM
sachin datt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sachin datt Click here to Send sachin datt a Private Message Click Here to Email sachin datt Visit sachin datt's homepage! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sachin datt
IIT Bombay
India

CA's expalin self checking microscopic behaviour?

I have a question.
This is regarding how CA's help us in understanding our universe.
First of all, what is the parallel of a Node in the real world. IS the node a fundamental entity in universe?
Or is it just a representation of any singularity, could be a human or an ant or
a photon depending on the system observed. or a wave function?
There is one particular program in nature which is fixed and that is, if the net energy of a system is greater than 0, take necessary actions to bring it back to zero.
This is what causes cyclic loops in the universe and things are prevented from going overboard.
I have not seen a single node behaving in a cyclic or wave manner in any CA so far. Though we have seen groups of nodes behaving like that but not a single node.
We see a repetition of a collective form but one particular nod is always deciding its position according to surrounding nodes and not based on its own state in a previous instance of time.
But in real universe, particles define their behaviour not just from surrounding information but from information from its own past, their own previous instance of states in time.
And what about superpositioning of two nodes in the same space which is an observed phenomenon in the microscopic world, how does CA's explain that?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-06-2006 08:51 AM
sachin datt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sachin datt Click here to Send sachin datt a Private Message Click Here to Email sachin datt Visit sachin datt's homepage! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

wolframscience.com  |  wolfram atlas  |  NKS online  |  Wolfram|Alpha  |  Wolfram Science Summer School  |  web resources  |  contact us

Forum Sponsored by Wolfram Research

© 2004-14 Wolfram Research, Inc. | Powered by vBulletin 2.3.0 © 2000-2002 Jelsoft Enterprises, Ltd. | Disclaimer | Archives