wolframscience.com

A New Kind of Science: The NKS Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 A New Kind of Science: The NKS Forum > Applied NKS > Information Retrieval
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Ed Meier
Independent researcher
Springfield, OH

Information Retrieval

Attached please find some research I did in exploring a technique I came up with using cellular automata in the field of Information Retrieval. While the results of the experiments are not what I had hoped, the basic logic of the approach is valid. I offer it here for others to continue the exploration.

I believe all the files necessary are included in the7-zip file attached. If any are missing please post a message here. I will zip them up and attach them here.

There is a dependency hierarchy to these notebooks. The 'main' bottom one (or top or left or right depending on your viewpoint) is the one that begins with the word 'Rule'. Running this will execute all the other dependencies.

The 'main' notebook is designed to be copied so you can experiment with different rules and documents. If you have a box with some serious horsepower, or have a lot of patience, you can even run all documents through one rule by adding a 'For' construct.

Enjoy.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-06-2006 11:36 PM
Ed Meier is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ed Meier Click here to Send Ed Meier a Private Message Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ed Meier
Independent researcher
Springfield, OH

oops

Apparently I can't attach a 7 zip file. Darn.

Ok, I repackaged this with WinZip but it didn't come out as nicely. To use the Java stemmer code you'll have to unzip this in your directory, then create a Stemmer directory and put the Stemmer.class and Stemmer.java files in there. Everything else should be fine.

Old Post 02-07-2006 12:04 AM
Ed Meier is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ed Meier Click here to Send Ed Meier a Private Message Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ed Meier
Independent researcher
Springfield, OH

last try

one last try

Old Post 02-07-2006 12:10 AM
Ed Meier
Independent researcher
Springfield, OH

trying to upload again

Thinking there might have been something wrong that particular day, I am trying to upload again.

Old Post 02-13-2006 04:56 PM
Ed Meier
Independent researcher
Springfield, OH

partial post

since I can't upload all the files, here is the top notebook so you can see what kind of research I was doing.

Old Post 02-13-2006 05:02 PM
KaL

Sounds very interesting, but, Could you repost your file, please ? If this forum don't manage zip files, just upload it on a server and give us the link.

thanks.
Nicolas SAID

Old Post 03-31-2006 05:09 AM
KaL is offline Click Here to See the Profile for KaL Click here to Send KaL a Private Message Click Here to Email KaL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Alex001

re

A recent IR book, covering algorithms, implementation, query languages, user interfaces, and multimedia and web retrieval.

Old Post 02-16-2013 10:20 AM
Alex001 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Alex001 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

wolframscience.com  |  wolfram atlas  |  NKS online  |  web resources  |  contact us

Forum Sponsored by Wolfram Research

© 2004-14 Wolfram Research, Inc. | Powered by vBulletin 2.3.0 © 2000-2002 Jelsoft Enterprises, Ltd. | Disclaimer | Archives