wolframscience.com

A New Kind of Science: The NKS Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 A New Kind of Science: The NKS Forum > NKS Way of Thinking > Primes and ElectroMagnetic Structure
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
KGifford
Syzygy Art, Inc.

Primes and ElectroMagnetic Structure

In my personal research with number games, I have discovered a pattern that emerges out of prime numbers that very accurately describes the characteristic relationships between color and electromagnetic structure. I have also discovered a peculiar relationship between these patterns and the lowest rational fraction of pi: 22/7

However, I have not found anything in my readings to suggest that this might be an object of common knowledge within the scientific / mathematic community.

If such info exists, would someone kindly direct me to some resources to investigate?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-09-2004 02:40 PM
KGifford is offline Click Here to See the Profile for KGifford Click here to Send KGifford a Private Message Click Here to Email KGifford Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jason Cawley
Wolfram Science Group
Phoenix, AZ USA

Colors of light equate to different particular energies of photons. Electrons within atoms can only occupy definite energy levels, and therefore only emit certain specific colors of light. The confinement to definite levels is called quantization, and is similar to the confinement of waves in a cavity, like sound waves inside an organ pipe that occur in definite notes.

Transitions between allowed levels correspond to possible emissions or absorptions. In general, combinations of allowed transitions are also allowed transistions e.g. you can go from A to C direct or A to B then B to C. Thus linear combinations of allowed levels are typically other allowed levels. This gives some integer-related structure to allowed energies.

A basic description of energy levels can be found here -

http://www.tpub.com/neets/book1/chapter1/1c.htm

The actual empirical data, which covers every sort of atom and every sort of allowed transition they can go through, is tracked by a NIST database, here -

http://physics.nist.gov/cgi-bin/AtD.../html/help.html

A much simpler starting point is the ionization energy, the amount needed to kick an electron all the way out of an atom, rather than bumping it around between all its possible states. A table of those (for first ionization i.e. the first electron kicked out) can be found here -

http://physics.nist.gov/PhysRefData...rgy/tblNew.html

It also explains the ground state, i.e. which electron orbits are filled for each type of atom, when it has its normal number of electrons.

I hope this helps.

Old Post 03-09-2004 11:18 PM
Jason Cawley is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jason Cawley Click here to Send Jason Cawley a Private Message Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KGifford
Syzygy Art, Inc.

Jason, Thank you much for your reply and info.

I believe I have a basic but sound understanding of the processes of electron transfer within the atom.

I have also put a great deal of effort into understanding the wave properties of light-- transmission, absorption, polarization, etc. What I understand more precisely is the dynamics involved with light, color and its complimentary, additive, subtractive properties.

I have found a pattern in the primes of the first 439 natural numbers that explicitly describe and predict, at the very least, how color interacts with one another (and I suspect it is transferable to the structure of the EM spectrum). It also determines the nature of color as it is found in Black, Gray and White. Even tho each of these are the inclusion of all color, the interaction of wave properties are quite distinct to their colors.

I believe consistent theories on unity, separation, absolutivity and relativity principles are all inherent in this order. Along with this is the distinction of base 2 properties being nested as a fundamental simplicity within the derivative complexity of base 10 properties. The first pattern cycle distinguishes a field where 7 is what I call the last “fundamental” prime and 22 is the beginning of what I call the second reflective cycle.

I have tried hard to find information that already suggests this discovery and I admit to having put off the revealing of this material for at least 2 years out of a certain insecurity of its reception / persecution. I do not have a formal education and do not wish to be making the very serious mistake of the mathematic amateur, Carl Theodore Heisel of 33 degrees. (The History of Pi, Petr Bechmann, pp. 179-182). Hence my first post -- “would lady novice be welcome?” as a request to find some mentorship to help me sort this out and if there is truly anything to it, to pull it together properly in a treatise.

I have gone over my efforts many times for error and feel confidant that I have discovered something significant. What is strange is that it seems so obvious, there must be a scientific / mathematic realization of this already. How can I find out? I have tried very hard, to no avail.

Old Post 03-10-2004 02:43 AM
KGifford is offline Click Here to See the Profile for KGifford Click here to Send KGifford a Private Message Click Here to Email KGifford Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
johny25

am Here

I read your note about the pattern that you found for the primes.

I hold Masters in Mathematics from Concordia University , Canada and am in the research of primes.

I'll be grateful to exchange ideas and formalize them in a way that the society of sciences understand it easily.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Bye

Old Post 03-25-2006 11:55 AM
johny25 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for johny25 Click here to Send johny25 a Private Message Click Here to Email johny25 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

wolframscience.com  |  wolfram atlas  |  NKS online  |  Wolfram|Alpha  |  Wolfram Science Summer School  |  web resources  |  contact us

Forum Sponsored by Wolfram Research

© 2004-14 Wolfram Research, Inc. | Powered by vBulletin 2.3.0 © 2000-2002 Jelsoft Enterprises, Ltd. | Disclaimer | Archives