wolframscience.com

A New Kind of Science: The NKS Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 A New Kind of Science: The NKS Forum > Pure NKS > Running NKS in Excel
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Leon Tribe

Sydney, Australia

Running NKS in Excel

While I have been aware of this book for a while, I have only just obtained a copy.

I've worked with Mathematica in my early physics days but these days I find I can do most things in Excel (I already have Laplace and Poisson solvers for 2-D ;)).

To this end I'm constructing Excel 'programs' as I work through the book. I did a search on 'Excel' and turned up very little. Therefore I'm wondering if this would be of interest to the group. To give an idea of what I'm up to, I've attached my first program which allows the patterns found in Chapter 2 to be instantaneously generated down to 255 interations.

Leon Tribe

Attachment: automata1.zip
This has been downloaded 1873 time(s).

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-17-2006 10:37 PM
Leon Tribe is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Leon Tribe Click here to Send Leon Tribe a Private Message Click Here to Email Leon Tribe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

wolframscience.com  |  wolfram atlas  |  NKS online  |  Wolfram|Alpha  |  Wolfram Science Summer School  |  web resources  |  contact us

Forum Sponsored by Wolfram Research

© 2004-14 Wolfram Research, Inc. | Powered by vBulletin 2.3.0 © 2000-2002 Jelsoft Enterprises, Ltd. | Disclaimer | Archives