wolframscience.com

A New Kind of Science: The NKS Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 A New Kind of Science: The NKS Forum > News & Announcements > No NKS Conference in 2005?
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Adrian German
Indiana University
Bloomington, IN

No NKS Conference in 2005?

Will there not be an NKS conference in 2005?

I believe I saw written earlier this year on the website that in 2005 the conference would be during the first week of the summer school but I can't find it written anywhere now. I also recall that last year (2004) there was some discussion about when in the year it would best for the 2005 conference to be (late spring, summer, early fall). Recently I saw NKS 2006 being announced. Is it true that there won't be a conference this year? Has it been already?

Many thanks for the reply and all the best wishes to everybody.

... Adrian

Last edited by Adrian German on 04-01-2005 at 04:04 AM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-26-2005 05:20 AM
Adrian German is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Adrian German Click here to Send Adrian German a Private Message Click Here to Email Adrian German Visit Adrian German's homepage! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Adrian German
Indiana University
Bloomington, IN

NKS 2005 Midwest Regional Conference (Initiative and RFC)

If there is no NKS 2005 Conference this year (true?, why?) I am working on organizing a smaller-scale NKS Conference in late Summer 2005 here at IU (in Bloomington).

The kind of event I have in mind would be similar to the Manchester Dynamical Systems Seminar or the Maryland/Penn State Dynamics Workshop (sort of local and not very long) .

I would be interested in knowing if anyone else has thought of a similar initiative and, with some approximation, if there would be any interest in this (before we send out the call for papers).

Any other comments or suggestions would be more than welcome.

Many thanks and all the very best.

Sincerely,
Adrian German
Indiana University, Bloomington

P.S. Ideally, we would invite someone from Wolfram Science to deliver the keynote address, once the program of the conference is complete.

Old Post 03-31-2005 06:59 PM
Adrian German is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Adrian German Click here to Send Adrian German a Private Message Click Here to Email Adrian German Visit Adrian German's homepage! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard J. Gaylord

Chicago, IL

i would be interested in attending your proposed meeting. please keep me posted if this eventuates (i've always wanted to use this word in a sentence).

Old Post 04-03-2005 11:02 PM
Richard J. Gaylord is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard J. Gaylord Click here to Send Richard J. Gaylord a Private Message Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

wolframscience.com  |  wolfram atlas  |  NKS online  |  Wolfram|Alpha  |  Wolfram Science Summer School  |  web resources  |  contact us

Forum Sponsored by Wolfram Research

© 2004-14 Wolfram Research, Inc. | Powered by vBulletin 2.3.0 © 2000-2002 Jelsoft Enterprises, Ltd. | Disclaimer | Archives