wolframscience.com

A New Kind of Science: The NKS Forum : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 A New Kind of Science: The NKS Forum > NKS Way of Thinking > I compute, therefore I am.
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Robert42
Self
Sooke, BC

I compute, therefore I am.

I have been a fan of G.E.B. since 1980.

I think the question of understanding intelligence wet or dry has to do with handling the self reference issue ( getting out of the loop) AND generating algorithmic complexity from very simple algorithms.

I think that we invented the computer because it would help us understand the universe. In the same way we invented mathematics to help us understand the universe and physics. And the same way loved Rubik's cube because we understood Quarks.

My father and 2 cohorts built the first computer in Canada in Toronto in 1950. I programmed a small piece of the
oS of the first mainframe designed and built in Canada by Ferranti Packard in 1963.

I have thught a lot about compters and the Universe during long programming and debugging sessions at 3 AM. It works. And it makes sense.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-20-2004 05:20 AM
Robert42 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Robert42 Click here to Send Robert42 a Private Message Click Here to Email Robert42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

wolframscience.com  |  wolfram atlas  |  NKS online  |  web resources  |  contact us

Forum Sponsored by Wolfram Research

© 2004-14 Wolfram Research, Inc. | Powered by vBulletin 2.3.0 © 2000-2002 Jelsoft Enterprises, Ltd. | Disclaimer | Archives